The program requires you either to:
- invest in real estate property in Portugal valued at least with 500.000 Euro - which is equivalent to about 690.000 Dollars, 4.250.000 Renmimbi, 43.000.000 Rupees and 25.000.000 Rubles;
- transfer funds of at least 1.000.000 Euro (1.380.000 Dollar, 8.500.000 Renmimbi, 86.000.000 Rupees, 50.000.000 Rubles) to a Portuguese bank account and keep the money in Portugal for 5 years;
- make an investment of any kind that will create at least 10 jobs in Portugal.
By meeting any of these three conditions, any non-EU citizen can be granted a residence permit in Portugal. This permit is initially valid for a year but can be renewed for subsequent periods of two years. Renewal is basically only contingent on:
- keeping the investment in Portugal;
- minimum periods of stay in Portuguese territory, of 7 days in the first year and of 14 days over the subsequent two year periods.